BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Technical Associate in Sumter, South Carolina
Job Description Summary
P osition D escription
Set-up, operate, optimize, changeover/troubleshoot, and maintain assigned departmental production equipment. Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, minimizing/preventing equipment downtime, and sustaining budgeted waste levels on a daily basis.
1. Has detailed operational knowledge of the equipment to the point that he/she can operate within specified quality/quantity limits.
2. Sets up and debugs equipment to the specifications listed in specifications, plant policies, and Department Procedures. Deviations from these specifications must be cleared with the supervisor or Engineering
3. Maintains equipment in working order to produce product within specified quality and quantity limits; adjusting, troubleshooting, cleaning and repairing as necessary.
4. Is responsible for maintaining equipment logs for each piece of equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems. MUST HAVE clear and legible handwriting.
5. Repairs equipment within his/her capability and reports major problems to supervisor. Assists Manufacturing Technician, Engineering and Maintenance Department in major repairs.
6. Performs preventative maintenance on the equipment as specified in the plant preventative maintenance (PM) program or as needed for efficient operation.
7. Requires knowledge of basic pneumatics, electrical, electronic, and hydraulics and knowledge of proper use of tools, proper troubleshooting and set up procedures.
8. Starts up equipment and ensures proper functioning of machines and control panel. Monitors / replenishes component inventories and ensures all safety guards are in position and functional.
9. Checks and cleans part tracks to ensure free travel of all component parts.
10. Notifies material handler if part supplies run low.
11. Maintains accurate production and downtime records (logbooks).
12. Maintains a neat and orderly production environment.
13. Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds.
14. Performs and documents all required Q.C. checks. Runs all required process challenges. Observes all safety and environmental procedures and Quality System Requirements (QSR).
15. Supports upstream and downstream operations.
16. Performs rework as required.
17. Able to function in a team environment.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor and required to support the needs of the business.
C ore C ompetency R equirements
Action Oriented Organizational Agility Process Effectiveness Continuous & Versatile Learning Promotes An Inclusive Work Environment
H.S. Diploma/G.E.D. (if hired after 6/1/00) Internal transfers exempted
Vocational/Technical School (Curriculum: _see below*___)
* Requires as a minimum the following: (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of individual classes)
CPT 101 Introduction to Computers
IMT 121 Drive Systems
IMT 131 Hydraulics and Pneumatics
IMT 203 Mechanical Troubleshooting
IMT 214 Industrial Wiring
IMT 163 Problem Solving for Mechanical Applications
Work keys Skill Levels
Reading for Information
3. Experience and Knowledge
Indicate the minimum level of experience required
Minimum of 1 year Mechanical experience
Must be proficient with basic hand tools. Knowledgeable of feeler gauges and other tools to measure tolerances, torque, and clearances. Should be familiar with cams, cam-followers, rod-ends, bushings, chain drives, conveyors, gear-boxes. Vacuum systems, pneumatic systems, ball-valves, and basic troubleshooting of same.
May be required to take a leading role, such as assigning activities to other associates who perform work that is similar or closely related to this position (less than 50% of the time)
Regularly required to take a leading role, such as assigning activities to other associates who perform work that is similar or closely related to this position (50% or more of the time)
Provides leadership, direction, and supervision for non-exempt associates, including writing performance reviews
Provides leadership, direction, and supervision for non-exempt and/or exempt associates, including writing performance reviews
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status