Waste Management Hiring Rolloff CDL Drivers with Manual Exp! - Orangeburg, SC $15/hr +$2000 Special Bonus (Local Travel) in ORANGEBURG, South Carolina
Title: Hiring Rolloff CDL Drivers with Manual Exp! - Orangeburg, SC $15/hr +$2000 Special Bonus (Local Travel)
Location: United States-South Carolina-Orangeburg
Job Number: 18003220
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Are you seeking a position with local travel ? Want to work for a growing company ? Looking for great benefits and competitive pay? Would you enjoy working in a company culture focused on teamwork, customer service and safety ? If you are an experienced Class A or B CDL driver and this sounds like you, WasteManagement has a great opportunity for you! Click apply todayand check your email to conduct your phone interview.
Call Tina at 980-337-5327 with questions.
WasteManagement (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We arestrongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism andfinancial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,Recognition and Rewards and more! And weoffer weekly paychecks! Ouremployees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please notethat benefits may vary by site.
- Pay: $15/hour
- Thisposition is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000 . This bonus is paid aftercompletion of one year of service with WM.
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates aheavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transportinglarge mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer orrecycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigatedriveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tightoverhead environments while on industrial routes.Highlyskilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
Work Schedule: Five day work week. Must be able to work weekends in a rotation shift. Start 5:30AM, 10-12 hour work days.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities . To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to perform the followingtasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Education: Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- New drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Rolloff, dump truck and/or concrete truck driver experience a plus
* Work Environment *
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and workenvironment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Orangeburg, SC. Interviews will take place in Sumter however.
Note: The level of physicaleffort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser thandocumented here.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary fromsite to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver