General Electric Manufacturing Technician 3 Americas in Florence, South Carolina
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
• Execute all product acceptance testing for both MR Magnet and MR System process operations. MR magnet test process includes, but is not limited to, magnet cool down, ramp, drift, thermal, and shim operations.
• MR System testing processes includes, but is not limited to, installation of MR system, RF body coil tuning/test, gradient coil testing, software loading/configuration, system scanning for calibrations and image quality testing, archiving of test data, and de-installation of MR system components.
• Standard tasks include working with liquid helium and other cryogens, working in environment with strong magnetic fields with non-ferrous tooling, and working with electrical components and systems that require execution of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO).
• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
• Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Drive cross-department process improvements focused on reducing overall product cycle time.
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented.
• Lead EHS projects/activities designed to eliminate hazards and improve overall safety of job operations
• Fill in as a Lead Technician as required by directing the work team, making task assignments and completing daily reports
• May participate in quality control inspections of certain subassemblies and final product
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
Associates degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields and 5 years technical experience defined by having demonstrated electrical specific skills at a technician equivalent role proven in a formal education and/or work environment, or a High School Diploma and 7 years experience defined by having demonstrated electrical specific skills at a technician equivalent role proven in a formal educational and/or work environment.
Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
Demonstrated technical leadership ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
Locations: United States; South Carolina; Florence