Ingersoll Rand Material Control Manager in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Material Control Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the receiving, raw material warehouse, inventory control, and shipping (if applicable) to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. Prepares schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. In addition, this position is accountable for warehouse inventory accuracy and cycle counting routines to drive accurate perpetual records on the material stored in the warehouse. Also included in the responsibility is the oversight of the shipping department to ensure they follow the guidelines established by the logistics organization.
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving the targeted Sales to Service Goals.
- Ensure timely unloading, receiving, storage and delivery of material to the production areas
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Maintain cycle count standard work goals with the long term objective of achieving cycle count certification
- Maintain and issue inventory reporting, including inventory accuracy, cycle count metrics and scrap processing
- Implement and enforce standard work across the functions
- Drive continuous improvement activities in all functional areas
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Manage suppliers and service providers that support receiving, warehousing and shipping functions
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity warehouse and shipping department.
- Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient team
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business or engineering discipline
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) desirable
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the integrated functions of manufacturing
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment and any necessary certifications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and other inventory control/shipping software
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 27, 2018, 7:23:26 PM