Anthem Director & Actuary III-PS4815 in Columbia, South Carolina
Directs the actuarial functions of assigned business unit (Government Business or Commercial Business). Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Manages professional staff, conducts performance and salary reviews, approves PTO, coaches, counsels, selects and terminates staff.
- Manages actuarial functions such as rate development and filing, or valuation; develops and ensures application of forecasting and pricing methodologies.
- Investigate and implement new, innovative predictive modeling techniques.
- Consults and presents to business partners and customers.
- Manages actuarial support to assigned business units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree at least 9 years related professional/managerial experience. ASA/MAAA and FSA required. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Strong PC capabilities and excellent managerial skills. Forecasting and pricing methodologies expertise preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Director & Actuary III-PS4815
Location: south carolina-Columbia
Requisition ID: PS4815