Capgemini Delivery Architect - Cloud SQL Server Data Architect in Columbia, South Carolina
• Technical Lead on Database projects including designing solutions
• Develop database architecture roadmaps in support of business strategies
• Lead in solution architecture for databases and database applications
• Participate in security architecture reviews of enterprise systems
• Responsible for aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment
• Defining cloud specifications for the installation of SQL Server databases, analysis services, integration services, reporting services
• Contribute to planning, designing and deploying data warehouses, data marts and transactional databases
• Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials
• Plan and conduct database architecture assessments that examine DBMS and database configuration and performance
• Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, support new features, performance improvements, upgrades
• Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
• Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in storage, indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance
• Experience working with a support team on production support, including familiarity with formal support processes
• At least 7 years of experience with Database administration and other MSSQL Server architecture related aspects
• Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server infrastructures on version 2008/2012/2014/2016 with preference on experience with SQL 2016
• Experience with in memory database and column store indexes
• Experience developing and presenting roadmap and solution architecture documentation
• Proficiency with managing and administering SQL Server installations and databases including: developing maintenance plans, configuring server resources, monitoring performance, configuring instances and databases, partitioning, indexing, identifying data base vulnerabilities and administering security in both private cloud and Azure environments
• Expert level skills designing and implementing redundant and scalable SQL Server infrastructures using technologies including database mirroring, log shipping, replication, Always On Availability Groups, etc.
• Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services, SQL Profiler, and SQL Server Management Studio
• Experience designing, implementing, supporting, and analyzing enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and monitoring tools.
• Experience defining backup strategy, performing backups, restores and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
• Azure SQL DB and other cloud based data platform experience is a plus
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
• Experience with Oracle, Sybase and/or other Open Source databases a plus.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Delivery Architects assess a project’s technical feasibility, as well as implementation risks. They are responsible for designing and implementing a project’s technical architecture. They define the structure of a system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation. The scope of the Delivery Architect’s role is bounded by the business issue at hand. A Delivery Architect needs to have knowledge of all the different aspects of the technical Delivery as well as robust business knowledge. This includes the Software Architect.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• You are responsible for the end-to-end architecture of a Delivery, including its assembly and integration into the IT architecture principles defined with the client.
• You define the structure of the system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
• You are responsible for the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the Delivery services can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Has or seeking IAF level 1.
• Should be proficient in foundation, People Leadership, client acquisition & development, service & delivery and business leadership.
• Should be experienced in technology awareness & leveraging and innovation & growth capability.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/the-collaborative-business-experiencetm , and draws on Rightshore at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer - at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer , its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ .
Organization: NA AS
Title: Delivery Architect - Cloud SQL Server Data Architect
Requisition ID: 034674